- UNIDO is ready to launch a pilot project in the framework of Belarus's transition to the fourth industrial revolution technologies
The draft agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Economy of Belarus and the Skolkovo Foundation is in the final stage of approval. This was announced on Tuesday by the First Deputy Minister of Economy of Belarus Yuri Chebotar.
- TRANSEUROPEAN CENTRE held an online conference on automated industrial emissions monitoring
On June 23-24, an online conference was held on the topic “Experience of equipping enterprises with automatic systems for continuous monitoring and accounting of industrial emissions. Solutions for the automatic control and regulation of industrial pollution”.
- UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter May 2021
Dear Colleagues, we are pleased to share with you the UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter May 2021.
- SCHNEIDER GROUP held a webinar on EU’s Green deal, emission reduction and opportunities for western businesses in Russia
On June 18, the Schneider Group webinar took place online, where experts from various industries discussed the future for Russian companies in the reality of EU’s Green Deal.
- UNIDO supports innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurial support infrastructure in Azerbaijan
Seeking to advance key development areas allowing a smooth transition to the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), Azerbaijan is looking for ways to transform its economy with an increasing emphasis on building innovation ecosystems, ensuring technological learning, supporting the job market transformation and providing educational services that meet the emerging demands for new professional skills.
- Sergey Korotkov discussed the prospects for the transition to a "green" economy at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
On June 2, on the sidelines of the SPIEF, Sergey Korotkov took part in a round table within the framework of the business program of the St. Petersburg International Environmental Forum on the topic „Issues of the transition to a green economy.“
- UNIDO launches the first Creative Hub in Ethiopia to support creative industries and entrepreneurship
The Ethiopian Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoTI), the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), UNIDO and the Federal Small and Medium Manufacturing Industry Promotion Authority (FeSMMIPA) have inaugurated the “Creative Hub Ethiopia”. The Hub has been realized within the framework of the UNIDO project “Phase 2 (Extension) of the Technical Assistance Project for the Up-Grading of the Ethiopian Leather and Leather Products Industry” financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS).
- Sergey Korotkov discussed the prospects for the transition to a "green" economy at the XII International Forum "Ecology"
On May 24-25, 2021, the XII International Forum „Ecology“ was held in Moscow. The event was supported by the Committee of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation on ecology and environmental protection, the Federation Council, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Russian Federation and other executive authorities. More than 1,500 people from 80 regions of Russia and 10 foreign countries take part in the Forum annually.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres visited Moscow
UN Secretary-General António Guterres and Russian President Vladimir Putin have discussed the importance of renewed commitment to multilateralism during talks held on Thursday.
Mr Guterres is in Moscow, at the invitation of the Russian Government, where he is meeting with senior officials.
- Environmental experts discuss critical issues in the implementation of the Stockholm Convention on POPs
On April 6, 2021, a round table was held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation “Fulfillment of the international obligations of the Russian Federation on the implementation of the provisions of the Stockholm Convention by 2025, in particular on the inventory and elimination of accumulated environmental damage of substances of the 1st hazard class, especially hazardous to human health, and namely, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) contained in electrical equipment ”.