- Burn-out of employees discussed at All-Russian Labor Protection Week
On September 7-9, Moscow hosted a large-scale event for specialists in the field of labor safety, health, ecology and industrial safety — the Forum „All-Russian Labor Protection Week“ (VNOT-2021), organized by the Association for the Promotion of Occupational Health and Safety „ETALON“. This year it was held under the motto „No risks!“
- Energy-efficient and climate-friendly split air conditioners now on sale in Europe
Small propane (R290) split air conditioners from Chinese appliance giant Midea – the only room AC models to earn Germany’s highly demanding “Blue Angel” ecolabel – are now available on the European market. The first container of the All Easy Series R290 units has arrived at Midea’s German headquarters at Eschborn, near Frankfurt.
- UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter July 2021
Dear Colleagues, We are pleased to share with you the UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter July 2021.
- UNIDO participates in the G20 Digital Ministers’ Meeting 2021
At the invitation of Italy, which currently holds the presidency of the G20, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has addressed the G20 Digital Ministers’ Meeting. The gathering was the culmination of meetings held throughout the year by the G20 Digital Economy Task Force (DETF) in which UNIDO has participated and supported.
- UNIDO launches EU-funded value chain investment support scheme for post-harvest fishery in Cambodia
With support of the European Union, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Fisheries Administration (FiA) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries have launched a Value Chain Investment Support (VCIS) scheme to support Cambodia’s enterprises.
- New UNIDO gender mainstreaming guide launched
With the financial support of the Government of Finland, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has launched its new “UNIDO Guide to Gender Analysis and Gender Mainstreaming the Project Cycle”, which aims to facilitate the efficient and effective integration of gender considerations throughout industrial development projects.
- UNIDO, UN Global Compact and GIZ support Ethiopia’s textile and garment sector
In Ethiopia, the textile and garment industry is witnessing a rapid growth. Several domestic and multinational firms are being engaged in the production of textile and apparel for domestic and global markets. In the path to industrialize Ethiopia, this sector has become a top priority as part of the national goal to become a middle-income country by 2025.
- Director of UNIDO center speaked within Kazan Summit 2021
Sergey Korotkov, Director of the UNIDO Center for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation, spoke at the session “Local Identity and Creative Industries” as part of the XII International Economic Summit “Russia — Islamic World: Kazan Summit 2021”.
- PrepCom2 Side Event: Technology as a Driver of Structural Transformation in the Least Developed Countries (LDCs)
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of agility and of harnessing the power of technology. Technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data and drones can help enterprises in the LDCs to enhance their productivity and competitiveness, and to move up the value chain ladder in agriculture, industry and the services sector. In the coming decade we need to ensure that technology is harvested appropriately as a driver of structural transformation in the LDCs.
- Open for registration: UNIDO Global Call for innovative solutions in cleantech and sustainable land management!
Apply until 2 August in one of the 4 categories.