- UNIDO CIIC took part in the 15th Conference on International Exchange of Professionals in Shenzhen, China
On April 15-16, 2017, the 15th Conference on International Exchange of Professionals (CIEP) took place in Shenzhen, China. The Conference is China’s only international exchange of professionals and intelligence and has been successfully held for 14 consecutive years. Since 2015, CIEP specially set “International Technology Transfer and Innovation Collaboration Session”, organized by UNIDO CIIC’s partner organization – the International Technology Transfer Network (ITTN).
- The annual industrial exhibition “Hannover Messe 2017”, whose main theme was Industry 4.0, concluded in Hannover
From 24 to 28 April 2017 the annual Hannover Fair – one of the biggest international exhibitions of high technology, innovation and industrial automation — took place in Germany. The transition to Industry 4.0 was the key thematic focus of the event.
- UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation took part in the roundtable on German-Russian cooperation in the field of logistics and energy
A German-Russian roundtable dedicated to the development of cooperation in the field of logistics and energy took place on April 20, 2017 in Moscow. UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation actively participated in the organization and holding of the event.
- Presentation of the independent mid-term review of the UNIDO project
On the 26th April 2017 the Presentation of the mid-term review of the UNIDO project “Environmentally sound management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian Railroad network and other PCBs owners” was held in the office of UNIDO CIIC Russia. The review has been conducted by the independent UNIDO consultants since December 2016 till March 2017.
- E-Waste Academy in Moscow
On May 15-19, 2017, a training course provided by the E-Waste Academy will take place in Moscow. The course is organized by the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation (further to as the UNIDO Centre) in the Russian Federation and the United Nations University, with the financial support of the Federal Environmental Agency of Germany, organizational and methodological assistance of the international organization for e-waste disposal StEP Initiative and the WEEE Recyclers Association (APET).
- Russian delegation took part in the First Global Manufacturing & Industrialisation Summit (GMIS)
Russian delegation, headed by the First Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Mr. Gleb Nikitin, participated in the Global Manufacturing & Industrialisation Summit, held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from 27 to 30 March 2017. The Director of the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation, Mr. Sergey Korotkov, also took part in the Summit.
- Expanded Board of Directors Meeting
On February 3, 2017, the Expanded Board of Directors Meeting took place in Vienna, Austria. The meeting was followed by a Board of Directors Retreat which was held from February 3 to February 4, 2017. The two meetings were chaired by Mr Li Yong, Director General of UNIDO, and attended by the directors of UNIDO’s regional and country offices and Investment and Technology Promotion offices (ITPOs), including Mr Sergey Korotkov, Head of the ITPO in the Russian Federation.
- First Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit in Abu Dhabi, UAE
The first Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit (GMIS) will take place on March 27-30, 2017, in the city of Abu Dhabi, UAE. The first edition of GMIS will be hosted by the UAE Ministry of Economy and the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO) in collaboration with the Global Agenda Council on the Future of Manufacturing of the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The Steering committee of UNIDO/GEF project “Environmentally Sound Management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian Railway network and other PCBs owners”
On the 20th December 2016 the Steering Committee of UNIDO/GEF project “Environmentally sound management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian railway network and other PCBs owners” took place in the Center for Scientific and Technical Information of Russian Railways.
- Round-table “Greenhouse effect for economy: a year after the Paris Agreement” took place in the press-centre of the Russian news agency TASS
On December 14th the Round-table “Greenhouse effect for economy: a year after the Paris Agreement” took place in the press-centre of the Russian news agency TASS.