- The UNIDO Centre and the Agency of Technological Development sign a joint declaration
On 15 December 2017 the autonomous non-profit organization “Agency of Technological Development” and the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in Russian Federation have signed a Joint Declaration with the aim of developing cooperation. The document was signed by the General Director of the Agency Maxim Shereykin and the UNIDO Centre Director Sergey Korotkov.
- V All-Russian Congress of Environmental Protection and II International Exhibition-Forum “ECOTECH” held in Moscow
The UNIDO Centre participated in the V All-Russian Congress of Environmental Protection and II International Exhibition-Forum “ECOTECH” that took place in Moscow from 12 to 14 December 2017. The International Exhibition-Forum “ECOTECH” was jointly held with the All-Russian Congress of Environment Protection for the first time. The merging of two event has created a synergy that resulted in increased efficiency of both Forum and Congress.
- The First Regional Conference on Sustainable Industrial Development “Promoting Sustainable Energy Solutions and Clean Technologies in CIS Countries’’ concluded in Vienna
The event that took place at the Vienna International Centre from 22 to 23 November 2017 with financial support from the Government of the Russian Federation, brought together over 80 experts and practitioners from the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries with the aim of sharing best practices, knowledge and successful business solutions in the field of green industry.
- 17th Session of the General Conference
Now, more than ever, inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) is central to global development and is playing an important role in achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. This is reflected most prominently in Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 9 on industry, innovation and infrastructure, but also in the targets underpinning the other 16 SDGs.
- UNIDO to host First Regional Conference on “Promoting Sustainable Energy Solutions and Clean Technologies in CIS Countries”
From 22 to 23 November 2017, UNIDO will host the First Regional Conference on Sustainable Industrial Development: “Promoting Sustainable Energy Solutions and Clean Technologies in CIS Countries” at the Vienna International Centre. The event is sponsored by the Government of the Russian Federation.
- VTB Group and UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation hold a joint conference “E-commerce new horizons in Russia and abroad”
At the Analytical Centre under the Government of the Russian Federation experts discussed current trends of global e-commerce and export opportunities for Russian small enterprises through e-commerce.
- Russian Implementation Plan for the Stockholm Convention on POPs has been approved
In October, the National Implementation Plan of the Russian Federation obligations in the framework of the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants was approved.
- Director of the UNIDO Centre presents UNIDO project funding opportunities for Russian business
The Director of the UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation Mr. Sergey Korotkov took part in the workshop “Participation of Russian business in project financing of International Organizations” organized by the All Russia Public Organization “Business Russia” on 9 November 2017.
- UNIDO took part in the extended meeting of JSC «Russian Railways» on environmental issues
On October 17, 2017, the UNIDO/GEF project „Environmentally sound management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian Railroad network and other PCBs owners“ consultants took part in the extended meeting of JSC «Russian Railways» on environmental issues on the basis of the Scientific Production Center for Environmental Protection — a branch of JSC «Russian Railways» under the supervision of Valentin Gapanovich, Senior Adviser to the President of JSC «Russian Railways» on environmental issues. The meeting was also attended by the leadership of the Northern Railway, the head of the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of nature management in the Yaroslavl region Shalaev V.
- The UNIDO Centre and Skolkovo Foundation develop cooperation
On October 18, 2017, the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation and the Foundation for Development of the Center for Elaboration and Commercialization of New Technologies “Skolkovo” (Skolkovo Foundation) signed a joint declaration during the “Open Innovations” Forum. The signing ceremony was attended by the Director of the UNIDO Centre Mr. Sergey Korotkov and the Vice-President of Skolkovo Foudation Mr. Yury Saprykin.