- The UNIDO and the ISO are pleased to invite you to the launching event of its newest online training: MANAGING INNOVATION IN SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES
The importance of innovation is reflected in the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. Sustainable Development Goal 9 specifically highlights the strong interrelations between industry, innovation and infrastructure, as industry is an important source of innovation, providing the technological solutions for environmentally sound development. Innovation is integral to a country’s performance as a key driver of economic transformation, and for developing countries, in particular. For most organizations, innovation is not an option—it has become key for reaching desired business sustainability within a rapidly changing world.
- Gerd Müller of Germany chosen as next UNIDO Director General
The Industrial Development Board of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) today recommended Gerd Müller of Germany to be the Organization’s next Director General.
- UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter June 2021
Dear Colleagues, We are pleased to share with you the UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter June 2021.
- Experts discussed global economy trends at the III Outgoing Session of the Verona Eurasian Economic Forum
On July 1, the III Session of the Verona Eurasian Economic Forum was held at the residence of the Governor of the Sverdlovsk Region, G. Yekaterinburg. The main topic of the forum was — new trends in the global economy from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
- UNIDO is ready to launch a pilot project in the framework of Belarus's transition to the fourth industrial revolution technologies
The draft agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Economy of Belarus and the Skolkovo Foundation is in the final stage of approval. This was announced on Tuesday by the First Deputy Minister of Economy of Belarus Yuri Chebotar.
- TRANSEUROPEAN CENTRE held an online conference on automated industrial emissions monitoring
On June 23-24, an online conference was held on the topic “Experience of equipping enterprises with automatic systems for continuous monitoring and accounting of industrial emissions. Solutions for the automatic control and regulation of industrial pollution”.
- UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter May 2021
Dear Colleagues, we are pleased to share with you the UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter May 2021.
- SCHNEIDER GROUP held a webinar on EU’s Green deal, emission reduction and opportunities for western businesses in Russia
On June 18, the Schneider Group webinar took place online, where experts from various industries discussed the future for Russian companies in the reality of EU’s Green Deal.
- UNIDO supports innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurial support infrastructure in Azerbaijan
Seeking to advance key development areas allowing a smooth transition to the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), Azerbaijan is looking for ways to transform its economy with an increasing emphasis on building innovation ecosystems, ensuring technological learning, supporting the job market transformation and providing educational services that meet the emerging demands for new professional skills.
- Sergey Korotkov discussed the prospects for the transition to a "green" economy at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
On June 2, on the sidelines of the SPIEF, Sergey Korotkov took part in a round table within the framework of the business program of the St. Petersburg International Environmental Forum on the topic „Issues of the transition to a green economy.“