- VTB Group and UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation hold a joint conference “E-commerce new horizons in Russia and abroad”
At the Analytical Centre under the Government of the Russian Federation experts discussed current trends of global e-commerce and export opportunities for Russian small enterprises through e-commerce.
- Russian Implementation Plan for the Stockholm Convention on POPs has been approved
In October, the National Implementation Plan of the Russian Federation obligations in the framework of the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants was approved.
- Director of the UNIDO Centre presents UNIDO project funding opportunities for Russian business
The Director of the UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation Mr. Sergey Korotkov took part in the workshop “Participation of Russian business in project financing of International Organizations” organized by the All Russia Public Organization “Business Russia” on 9 November 2017.
- UNIDO took part in the extended meeting of JSC «Russian Railways» on environmental issues
On October 17, 2017, the UNIDO/GEF project „Environmentally sound management and final disposal of PCBs at the Russian Railroad network and other PCBs owners“ consultants took part in the extended meeting of JSC «Russian Railways» on environmental issues on the basis of the Scientific Production Center for Environmental Protection — a branch of JSC «Russian Railways» under the supervision of Valentin Gapanovich, Senior Adviser to the President of JSC «Russian Railways» on environmental issues. The meeting was also attended by the leadership of the Northern Railway, the head of the Federal Service for Supervision in the field of nature management in the Yaroslavl region Shalaev V.
- The UNIDO Centre and Skolkovo Foundation develop cooperation
On October 18, 2017, the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation and the Foundation for Development of the Center for Elaboration and Commercialization of New Technologies “Skolkovo” (Skolkovo Foundation) signed a joint declaration during the “Open Innovations” Forum. The signing ceremony was attended by the Director of the UNIDO Centre Mr. Sergey Korotkov and the Vice-President of Skolkovo Foudation Mr. Yury Saprykin.
- UNIDO Centre at the World Festival of Youth and Students 2017
The Director of the UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation Mr. Sergey Korotkov took part in the panel discussion “Naturally-based technologies: new opportunities and new challenges” within the topic “The future of science and global education” that took place on 16 October 2017 at the 19th World Festival of Youth and Students in Sochi, Russia. The discussion was organized by a partner of the UNIDO Centre – National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute». Mr. Mikhail Kovalchuk, President of NRC «Kurchatov Institute», moderated the discussion.
- The UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation and National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute» signed a Joint Declaration
Within the framework of implementing the instruction of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin PR №1500 of 29 July 2016, the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation and the National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute» (NRC «Kurchatov Institute») signed a Joint Declaration in Moscow on 29 September 2017.
- Green industry and e-commerce dynamism highlighted at China trade fair
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has organized a forum to share the experience of China’s green enterprises, and to promote the development of e-commerce among small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through public-private partnerships.
- The 2nd “BRIDGE for Cities - Belt and Road Initiative: Developing Green Economies for Cities” will take place in Vienna from 26 to 28 September 2017
From 26 to 28 September 2017, UNIDO will host the 2nd “One-Belt-One-Road Inclusive and Sustainable City Exhibition and Dialogue” event in Vienna, Austria. This year’s edition of the event – “BRIDGE for Cities — Belt and Road Initiative: Developing Green Economies for Cities” (BRI event) – will focus on sector-specific urban-industrial development challenges, which will aid in the development of concrete project-based opportunities for business matchmaking, financing and investment.
- The World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum will open on 31 October in Bahrain
UNIDO ITPO Bahrain is organizing the World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum (WEIF) 2017 which will take place on October 31st – November 2nd this year in Manama, Bahrain under the patronage of His Royal Highness, Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa, the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain.