- PrepCom2 Side Event: Technology as a Driver of Structural Transformation in the Least Developed Countries (LDCs)
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of agility and of harnessing the power of technology. Technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data and drones can help enterprises in the LDCs to enhance their productivity and competitiveness, and to move up the value chain ladder in agriculture, industry and the services sector. In the coming decade we need to ensure that technology is harvested appropriately as a driver of structural transformation in the LDCs.
- Open for registration: UNIDO Global Call for innovative solutions in cleantech and sustainable land management!
Apply until 2 August in one of the 4 categories.
- In 2021, UN Secretary-General António Guterres will convene a Food Systems Summit
Systems Summit as part of the Decade of Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. The Summit will launch bold new actions to deliver progress on all 17 SDGs, each of which relies to some degree on healthier, more sustainable and equitable food systems.
- The Association for the promotion of health and labor protection "ETALON" invites to the all-russian labor protection week September 7-9, 2021
The All-Russian Labor Protection Week (VNOT) will be held in Moscow from September 7 to September 9, 2021 under the motto „No risks!“. The event is organized by the ETALON Association with the information support of the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation.
- Promoting digital transformation in legal metrology
Titled “Digital Transformation in Legal Metrology”, the July 2021 OIML Bulletin (Special Edition) of the Organisation Internationale de Métrologie Légale provides further insight into the role of digital technologies in legal metrology.
- Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS) 2021
Following a successful third edition of the Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS), held virtually last September under the theme of “Glocalization: towards inclusive and sustainable value chains”, attention now turns to GMIS 2021. This year’s Summit will take place in parallel to Dubai EXPO 2020 (previously postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic) under the theme of “Rewiring Societies: Repurposing Digitalization for Prosperity” from 22-27 November in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- UNIDO is ready to launch a pilot project in the framework of Belarus's transition to the fourth industrial revolution technologies
The draft agreement on cooperation between the Ministry of Economy of Belarus and the Skolkovo Foundation is in the final stage of approval. This was announced on Tuesday by the First Deputy Minister of Economy of Belarus Yuri Chebotar.
- TRANSEUROPEAN CENTRE held an online conference on automated industrial emissions monitoring
On June 23-24, an online conference was held on the topic “Experience of equipping enterprises with automatic systems for continuous monitoring and accounting of industrial emissions. Solutions for the automatic control and regulation of industrial pollution”.
- SCHNEIDER GROUP held a webinar on EU’s Green deal, emission reduction and opportunities for western businesses in Russia
On June 18, the Schneider Group webinar took place online, where experts from various industries discussed the future for Russian companies in the reality of EU’s Green Deal.
- UNIDO supports innovation ecosystem and entrepreneurial support infrastructure in Azerbaijan
Seeking to advance key development areas allowing a smooth transition to the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), Azerbaijan is looking for ways to transform its economy with an increasing emphasis on building innovation ecosystems, ensuring technological learning, supporting the job market transformation and providing educational services that meet the emerging demands for new professional skills.