- UNIDO Centre at the World Festival of Youth and Students 2017
The Director of the UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation Mr. Sergey Korotkov took part in the panel discussion “Naturally-based technologies: new opportunities and new challenges” within the topic “The future of science and global education” that took place on 16 October 2017 at the 19th World Festival of Youth and Students in Sochi, Russia. The discussion was organized by a partner of the UNIDO Centre – National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute». Mr. Mikhail Kovalchuk, President of NRC «Kurchatov Institute», moderated the discussion.
- The UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation and National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute» signed a Joint Declaration
Within the framework of implementing the instruction of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin PR №1500 of 29 July 2016, the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation and the National Research Centre «Kurchatov Institute» (NRC «Kurchatov Institute») signed a Joint Declaration in Moscow on 29 September 2017.
- Green industry and e-commerce dynamism highlighted at China trade fair
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has organized a forum to share the experience of China’s green enterprises, and to promote the development of e-commerce among small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through public-private partnerships.
- The 2nd “BRIDGE for Cities - Belt and Road Initiative: Developing Green Economies for Cities” will take place in Vienna from 26 to 28 September 2017
From 26 to 28 September 2017, UNIDO will host the 2nd “One-Belt-One-Road Inclusive and Sustainable City Exhibition and Dialogue” event in Vienna, Austria. This year’s edition of the event – “BRIDGE for Cities — Belt and Road Initiative: Developing Green Economies for Cities” (BRI event) – will focus on sector-specific urban-industrial development challenges, which will aid in the development of concrete project-based opportunities for business matchmaking, financing and investment.
- The World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum will open on 31 October in Bahrain
UNIDO ITPO Bahrain is organizing the World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum (WEIF) 2017 which will take place on October 31st – November 2nd this year in Manama, Bahrain under the patronage of His Royal Highness, Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa, the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Vacancy for the position of national consultant in the framework of the energy efficiency project
Within the framework of the Market transformation programme on energy efficiency in GHG-intensive industries in Russia, UNIDO announces the opening of a vacancy for the position of a national consultant.
- The Director of UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation participated in INNOPROM 2017
The Director of UNIDO Centre in the Russian Federation Mr. Sergey Korotkov took part in the International Industrial Trade Fair INNOPROM 2017INNOPROM 2017, which was held in Ekaterinburg, Russia, from 10 to 13 July 2017.
- Future Energy Forum has opened in Astana
Future Energy Forum – the main event within the framework of the International Exposition Astana EXPO- 2017 dedicated to issues of renewable technological solutions, economic and political aspects of environmental protection, energy solutions to climate change, as well as to the international cooperation in the mentioned areas, has opened on 29 June 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan. The Forum is comprised of a cycle of 12 conferences, that will take place between 29 June and 5 September 2017.
- UNIDO events at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF’17)
On 31 May 2017, the zero day of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF’17), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) organized two side events: Interregional Forum “Women Entrepreneurship Challenges and Solutions in Europe and the Arab region” and 2nd Interregional Forum “Strengthening International SME Alliances between the Russian Federation and the Latin America and the Caribbean countries (LAC)”.
- Russian and Chinese entrepreneurs develop cooperation in the field of e-commerce with the support of UNIDO
On 24 May 2017, a delegation of Chinese entrepreneurs in the field of e-commerce concluded a three-day visit to Moscow.