- UNIDO launches its first Standards Compliance Analytics Report for Albania
On 2 May 2023, UNIDO launched its first Standards Compliance Analytics country report for Albania. The results of the detailed analysis on rates and reasons for border rejections for food products coming from Albania was presented to the Albanian Government and 16 key stakeholders during an online event. The results of the comprehensive analysis is being used to identify the key compliance challenges faced by exporting countries and thereby enhance targeting of investments in building relevant compliance capacities.
- UNIDO promotes culture for quality in the Ghanaian cashew value chain
A cashew roundtable took place on April 14th and drew representatives of all the key actors in the cashew value chain to discuss the findings of the Qualtrics assessment tool developed by UNIDO. The round table focused on issues that will enhance quality as well as enforce quality standards to improve the position and competitiveness of Ghanaian cashew on the international market.
- UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter January-March 2023
Dear Colleagues, we are pleased to share with you the UNIDO Russia Office (ITPO Russia) Newsletter January-March 2023.
- Good Standardization Practices in support of international trade
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) are pleased to announce that the ISO Good Standardization Practices (GSP) eLearning course is now available!
- Validation of 31 ECOWAS Standards: An important step towards strengthening competitiveness of West African products and services
On 30 March, 31 draft ECOWAS Standards (ECOSTANDs) related to three regional value chains — Mango, Cassava, and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) — were validated by the Ministers of Industry of ECOWAS Member States.
- The UNIDO CIIC took part in the Congress of the VEO of Russia
On March 31, 2023, the Congress of the Free Economic Society of Russia was held at the Taurida Palace in St. Petersburg.
- The Sverdlovsk Regional Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs held a meeting on sustainable development and the ESG agenda
At the end of March, a meeting of the Commission of the Sverdlovsk Regional Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs on Sustainable Development and the ESG Agenda was held in Yekaterinburg. Director of the UNIDO CIIC Sergey Korotkov took part in the meeting online. The event was also attended by Alexander Nuikin, Deputy Chairman of the Ural Bank of Sberbank, Igor Korotetsky, Deputy Head of the Kept Consulting Department, Vsevolod Gavrilov, Managing Director of the Center for Digital GR Initiatives of Sberbank, and others.
- XXII International Forum "Ecology of the big city" was held in St. Petersburg
On March 22-24, the XXII International Forum „Ecology of the Big City“ was held at the EXPOFORUM CEC in St. Petersburg.
- Sergey Korotkov took part in a round table within the framework of the XV International Economic Forum of the CIS Member States
On March 17, Moscow hosted the XV International Economic Forum of the CIS Member States „Dialogue of Integrations: CIS, EAEU, SG, SCO, BRICS“. The forum was held in conjunction with the 97th meeting of the CIS Economic Council. The organizer was the Association „Business Center for Economic Development of the CIS“ with the support of the Executive Committee of the CIS.
- FBA EAC held a conference “Climate adaptation and low-carbon development of the economy in Russia and the world: practice, challenges, prospects”
On March 16, 2023, the International Scientific and Practical Conference „Climate Adaptation and Low-Carbon Development of the Economy in Russia and the World: Practice, Challenges, Prospects“ was held, organized by the Research Institute „Low-Carbon Economy“ NMC Higher Shtr REU named after G.V. Plekhanov, the All-Russian Society for the Conservation of Nature, the Ministry of Ecology and Sustainable Development of the Sakhalin Region, together with leading scientific and business organizations.