- UNIDO to host First Regional Conference on “Promoting Sustainable Energy Solutions and Clean Technologies in CIS Countries”
From 22 to 23 November 2017, UNIDO will host the First Regional Conference on Sustainable Industrial Development: “Promoting Sustainable Energy Solutions and Clean Technologies in CIS Countries” at the Vienna International Centre. The event is sponsored by the Government of the Russian Federation.
- The 2nd “BRIDGE for Cities - Belt and Road Initiative: Developing Green Economies for Cities” will take place in Vienna from 26 to 28 September 2017
From 26 to 28 September 2017, UNIDO will host the 2nd “One-Belt-One-Road Inclusive and Sustainable City Exhibition and Dialogue” event in Vienna, Austria. This year’s edition of the event – “BRIDGE for Cities — Belt and Road Initiative: Developing Green Economies for Cities” (BRI event) – will focus on sector-specific urban-industrial development challenges, which will aid in the development of concrete project-based opportunities for business matchmaking, financing and investment.
- The World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum will open on 31 October in Bahrain
UNIDO ITPO Bahrain is organizing the World Entrepreneurs Investment Forum (WEIF) 2017 which will take place on October 31st – November 2nd this year in Manama, Bahrain under the patronage of His Royal Highness, Prince Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa, the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Future Energy Forum has opened in Astana
Future Energy Forum – the main event within the framework of the International Exposition Astana EXPO- 2017 dedicated to issues of renewable technological solutions, economic and political aspects of environmental protection, energy solutions to climate change, as well as to the international cooperation in the mentioned areas, has opened on 29 June 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan. The Forum is comprised of a cycle of 12 conferences, that will take place between 29 June and 5 September 2017.
- UNIDO events at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF’17)
On 31 May 2017, the zero day of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF’17), the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) organized two side events: Interregional Forum “Women Entrepreneurship Challenges and Solutions in Europe and the Arab region” and 2nd Interregional Forum “Strengthening International SME Alliances between the Russian Federation and the Latin America and the Caribbean countries (LAC)”.
- Russian and Chinese entrepreneurs develop cooperation in the field of e-commerce with the support of UNIDO
On 24 May 2017, a delegation of Chinese entrepreneurs in the field of e-commerce concluded a three-day visit to Moscow.
- Vienna Energy Forum participants formulate key messages reflecting role of energy in implementing SDGs and Paris climate agreement
VIENNA, 15 May 2017 – Participants at the Vienna Energy Forum, which concluded on Friday in the Austrian capital, agreed on ten key messages that highlight the catalytic role of energy for the successful implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on climate.
- UNIDO opens Investment and Technology Promotion Office in Bonn, Germany
BONN, 3 May 2017 – The Federal Government of Germany and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) today officially opened an Investment and Technology Promotion Office (ITPO) in Bonn.
- Russia-China B2B Workshop on e-commerce will take place in Moscow on 22 May 2017
The event is jointly organized by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), in cooperation with the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation and the Russian Export Center (REC). The workshop is held as part of the 16th World Business Leader Roundtable Special Session — a matchmaking event between Chinese and Russian cross-border e-commerce enterprises.
- Invitation for the UNIDO events within St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF 2017)
“Exchange of technological solutions and innovations between the LAC countries and the North-Western Federal district of the Russian Federation”. II Interregional Forum “Strengthening International SME Alliances between the Russian Federation and Latin America and the Caribbean countries”.