Round table "International cooperation to achieve the SDGs during the pandemic"
March 30, 2022
On March 30, the Eurasian Economic Commission, within the framework of the ninth Sustainable Development Forum of the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, held a round table on the topic: “International cooperation to achieve the SDGs during the COVID-19 pandemic: current challenges and prospects”.
The speakers of the event were:
- Sergey Glazyev, Minister for Integration and Macroeconomics of the Eurasian Economic Commission
- Azymbakiev Muratbek Abakirovich, Deputy Secretary General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- Fatimat Nyuma, Deputy Minister of National Planning, Housing and Infrastructure of the Republic of Maldives
- Ahmad Zafarullah Abdul Jalil, Director, ASEAN Integration Monitoring Department, ASEAN Secretariat
- Irina Gaida, Director of the Energy Center of the SKOLKOVO School of Management
- Sergey Anatolyevich Korotkov, Director of the UNIDO Center for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation
- Zavyalova Tatyana Vladimirovna, Senior Vice President for ESG, Sberbank
- Isenov Amangeldy Sagandekovich, Deputy Chairman of the Board of the Eurasian Development Bank
- Anastasia Nesvetailova, Head of Macroeconomics and Development Policy, UN Conference on Trade and Development
The participants discussed new opportunities and principles for the development of international cooperation in connection with the implementation of the sustainable development agenda in the post-pandemic world. A separate item on the agenda was the discussion of new approaches and principles of stakeholder interaction in such areas as the development of international trade and economic connectivity of regions, the introduction of green economy principles and the implementation of the climate agenda, the fight against growing poverty and inequality in society.
For four days, all Forum participants worked on analyzing the progress of the region in achieving SDGs No. 4 “Quality education”, No. 5 “Gender equality”, No. 14 “Preservation of marine ecosystems”, No. 15 “Preservation of terrestrial ecosystems” and No. 17 “Partnership in interests of sustainable development”. The outcomes of the regional forum will be further discussed at the high-level global political forum in July.
Affiliate Source: https://eec.eaeunion.org/